Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why I'm awesome, Volume II

So, all two and half people who read this blog know that come March my schedule is going to free up a bit. By "a bit" I mean that CCI is kicking me to the curb and the only life that I've had for a long time is going to end. I'm one of those people who carries the belief/hope/delusion that when God closes a door, he opens a window. So when I heard that "Glee" is holding open casting calls to fill three slots in its second season I thought that maybe I had found the window for which I was searching. This is a big leap of faith for me. I don't personally feel like I have any talent whatsoever and that generally I'm a big waste of space. I do certain things, such as singing, because I like to, not because I'm good at them. Same with cooking. I tell myself I'm awesome every single day in the hopes that maybe that one time I'll actually believe it.

Now comes the audition tape. I'm at a loss for this. I've done auditions before. I know the kind of thing I have to do. I know I need to sing and I know that I need to act. I have two monologues chosen, one is dramatic and one is comedic. Both involve me being gay. Is that a bad thing? Should I really just wear it on my sleeve like that? I mean, let's be honest, it's not like I can hide it. I've tried. Erratic can attest to that. She saw right through me. The song, I have no clue what I want to sing. Suggestions are welcome. Why do I fail so hard?

Oh, and the reason I'm awesome? I'm doing this. That has to count for something, right? Worst come to worse I go back to culinary school and pretend to be awesome there.

2 comments:

  1. You know what? Wear it on your sleeve and be proud. If Erratic saw right through you, chances are other people will too (I would have, had I met you before reading what you write).

    As for the song, I'll try to come up with something. Just don't do "All That Jazz." Snore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I keep trying to comment on this from my phone and FAIL. Fucking phone. But I remembered! At a computer! I succeed at life. Yeah, that's right.

    First of all...are you referring to me as 1 1/2 people because of the boobs? I feel like you might be...and I am OK with it. If not, I would like to meet your very tiny friend. They will make me feel tall. Maybe they can take my boobs?

    Second, for reals, I hear you sing day in and day out. Literally. All the fucking time. You are amazing and charismatic and you shake your hips like all gay boys should. If I knew anything about music that was not everything you hate, I would try to help here...so I am going to invoke the gay mafia (ELTON IS A GO!) and have them help out here.

    You're welcome. When you become famous, send me money. Or at least gin.

    ReplyDelete