Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Music for the Moment - "I Am What I Am"

I recently discovered this song. This song am I. If you don't agree you're stupid. And ugly. And possibly a little bit republican(let's face it, republicans don't read this blog.) This song is from a musical called "La Cage Aux Folles", also known as "The Birdcage". As in the movie starring Robin Williams and Nathan Lane. Both the musical and the movie come from the play. In the musical version, the song is sung by the character that in the movie is played by Nathan Lane. The number is performed by a man in drag(let's face it, I would look GREAT as a drag queen) when he finds out that his son is ashamed of having two dads. The bitch.

Just as a reminder:


"I Am What I Am" - La Cage Aux Folles
I am what I am
I am my own special creation.
So come take a look,
Give me the hook or the ovation.
It's my world that I want to take a little pride in,
My world, and it's not a place I have to hide in.
Life's not worth a damn,
'Til you can say, "Hey world, I am what I am."
I am what I am,
I don't want praise, I don't want pity.
I bang my own drum,
Some think it's noise, I think it's pretty.
And so what, if I love each feather and each spangle,
Why not try to see things from a diff'rent angle?
Your life is a sham 'til you can shout out loud
I am what I am!
I am what I am
And what I am needs no excuses.
I deal my own deck
Sometimes the ace, sometimes the deuces.
There's one life, and there's no return and no deposit;
One life, so it's time to open up your closet.
Life's not worth a damn 'til you can say,
"Hey world, I am what I am!"

For cereal, this song is me. I love it ever so much.

3 comments:

  1. Is this what you are singing? Or just sharing to share?

    Also? I need to rant. Your blog won't let me post comments from my phone and I always (for some strange reason) read your blog from my phone and then forget to comment. FAIL.

    Also, again? Tomorrow, we need to take a picture of me making a snow angel for Bradshaw. I originally typed doing a snow angel and then giggled for like an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so into that right now you have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SNOW ANGEL FROM ERRATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Ahem, sorry. Got a little carried away. Anywho, love the song. If it's fun, totally sing that one for Glee. :)

    ReplyDelete